Saturday, June 14, 2014

Sushi and Carnivals!

One day after class I went with Sofia and Rodrigo to eat sushi! Rodrigo had never tried it so it was fun seeing his reactions. The sushi is super good at that place. Sofia paid for mine for my birthday present. ;)

Mine and Sofia's sushi:


 Gyozas:
 A few days after the sushi, Kako invited me to go with her to the carnival. So we met up at the terminal. She was a few minutes late and so I sat on a bench and waited. The guy I was sitting next to me started talking to me and we had a nice conversation. He was in his 50's and lived in the country. It was a hot day and he offered to buy me a pop. I said no but thanked him. But he insisted ;) So he bought me a Crush. saweeet. haha. We talked some more, and then Kako came. We found a bus going to Lontué and we were off. We got there and there were carnival rides, food, and arts and crafts. We walked through the tons and tons of people and played "taka-taka" or foosball. I won. ;)

And then we played this game. You had 8 ping pong balls and you threw them into the slots. And then whatever number they added up to, you go the prize that had that number on it.
And I won this bear from a hospital from Mexico. hahaha. I paid a dollar for that game!

 Then we went on a ride called The Roulette. It was fun:


Nico, Fernanda, Pablo, his girlfriend, and Fransisco showed up and Kako had to go home. So I stayed with the rest of them and we went on the Roulette ride again.

 Then we went on the Crazy Loop.

I almost died, I swear. It was a ride where we got strapped in by metal bars and the big cage spun around. When I was little, I got sick on roller coasters and that has not changed! It was fun for the first minute. And then it was hard to hold my head up and I felt like I was in a car accident. I was a little dizzy after that.

While we waited for Fernanda's parents to come, we got empanadas at a little shop. They were super good.

The next night, I went with my family back to the feria. We walked around for a while, until we started being followed by a homeless, shoeless, old guy who was quite vulgar. He followed us and begged my dad for money and asked him if he was a tough guy and wanted to fight. The way he walked freaked me out a bit. He siddled along with jerky movements and made me think he was going to touch me. He tried grabbing Jessica's arm, but she pushed him back. By that time, we were done with the feria anyways and walked to the exit. As we passed a vendor, the guy following us said "take a picture! I need a picture with the gringa! (add in all of your favorite Chilean swear words)" So that was fun! The police took him away...

2 comments:

  1. When I was little, I got sick on roller coasters....
    So what in the world made you think you could handle the "Crazy Loop"? And why is it in English??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sign says Chicken Teriyaki. What's the Spanish word for Teriyaki? ... Teriyaki. Spanish is easy as long as you're speaking Japanese. And if it's a sushi place, why does it have Big Ben and the Eiffel Tower on the wall? Find out these things for me.

    ReplyDelete