Thursday, January 23, 2014

Cookies and Carolin!

On Tuesday at 3, I went to Fernanda's house to make chocolate chip cookies!! On the way out of the house, there were two things for me in the mail! A slip telling me that there was a package waiting for me at the post office and a card from my favorite Chem teacher Mrs. Mazzon. :) I was so excited!

Once at Fernanda's house, her and I waited a bit until everyone came. It was Fernanda, Carolina, Julio, Rodrigo, and I. We sat around for a bit, listening to music and watching youtube videos. And then we played Monopoly for a bit. And it was a fútbol world cup version. hahahhaha. Within 15 minutes I owned Chile, Brazil, and a stadium. And then Nico came and we stopped. I was totally going to win. :P hahahah.

We played some ping pong and when it wasn't too too hot, we walked to a market to buy some things we needed. And then the baking began! I didn't take a ton of pictures on my camera, but when I get the other ones, I'll add them. 

We mixed everything together and the dough tasted good.











Then I put them in the oven! 
We tried them first in the little electric oven that is more used. They started out looking fine... but then started burning on the bottoms. So we took them out and at them with raw insides... hahah. FAIL.


So then I put the next batch in the regular oven. Once again, they started burning on the bottoms a bit, so I flipped them. Yes, I flipped them like pancakes.



They turned out pretty well! And everyone loved them. Final product:

I stayed at Fernanda's house until 10:30. And then I went home and talked with my mom and dad until late.

On Wednesday after lunch, I set out to get my package! I took a colectivo to the post office. And the package I have been waiting for finally came!! A package from my favorite Germans! But before I went home to open it, I went to Falabella's. I looked around for a bit and bought a cute headband.

And then I walked to take a colectivo home. As I walked by a pharmacy I went in. And I finally did it. I weighed myself... eeek. I was pretty scared. I put money into the machine and it started talking at me really loudly in spanish. "step on the scale. Now you are being weighed." I was scared that it'd say the weight out loud. hahaha. But luckily it only displayed it on the screen and printed out a receipt with it on it. So here it is... When I came, I weighed 145 pounds or 66 kilos. And now, after five months of eating delicious Chilean bread every day, I weigh 71.2 kilos or 157 pounds. So that's a 5.2 kilo difference. 11.5 pounds. eeeeeek. Well that's enough talk about that...
I love packages from Carolin and her family. (As I love packages from everyone :) ) She puts so much work into them! And the wrapping is always fancy.
German candy!

 She made me this ADORABLE book.
A story connecting our adventures.

"Once upon a time.... there were two sister that hadn't seen eachother for a loooooong time."
And a "c" charm for my Pandora bracelet!
So thank you so much Carolin! I absolutely LOVE everything.

Today is Thursday and in the afternoon sometime we're headed off to the termas! Termas means HOT SPRINGS! whoooo! We'll stay there until Sunday. So that'll be the next blog post! Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. “my favorite Chem teaher”
    Good thing she’s not your favorite Spelling teacher.

    Do you watch Youtube in English, or Spanish?

    How come the eggs are brown? Do they come from brown chickens?

    Have they had chocolate chip cookies before?

    Hahah. You called Carolin Carolina. (Sorry, Carolin. Most of us still know what your name is!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahahah. I didn't spellcheck this post....

      Mostly videos in spanish.

      I don't know! But I don't think that's how the color changing works...

      Only in store boughten cookies.

      OH MY GOODNESS. I can't believe i did that! I'm going to fix it! I'm so sorry Carolin!

      Delete
    2. No problem.. I think i can handle this situation :D

      Delete
  2. Hahahaha! I love it. Especially Carolin's comment! Also, you are brilliant for flipping the cookies. I would have eaten them burned on the bottom :) Love you like a bazillion!

    ReplyDelete